nounós' creamery take on the delicious pasta with zucchini, tomatoes and creamy lemon-yogurt sauce
pasta with zucchini, tomatoes and creamy lemon-yogurt sauce
nounós' creamery take on the delicious pasta with zucchini, tomatoes and creamy lemon-yogurt sauceyogurt in pasta? who would have thought! This vegetarian* creamy pasta recipe is both delicious and easy to make, in just under 20 minutes.
- 8 ounces whole wheat linguine (or your pasta of choice)
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt - packed with protein!
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium (8-ounce) zucchini, cut into thin strips (3 inches long and 3/4 inch wide, like a big stick of gum)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- * you can add chicken to the recipe if you'd like
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook about 9 minutes, or according to the package directions. Remove 1/4 cup of the cooking water, and set it aside. Drain the pasta. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, lemon, Parmesan, lemon zest, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, and cook just until wilted, flipping them over occasionally with a spatula. (The zucchini will be soft and somewhat see-through.)
- Use a spoon or spatula to push the zucchini aside so a space on the bottom of the pan is clear. Add the garlic, and cook for 15 to 30 seconds, until golden but not really brown.
- Mix the garlic into the zucchini.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the zucchini mixture to the yogurt mixture, and stir to combine. Add the drained linguine, and toss gently to combine. Add the reserved pasta cooking water a tablespoon at a time, if necessary, on order to thin it. Divide among four bowls and serve.